Monday, December 10, 2012

semester 1.. check!

As of this morning, I finished my last final of my first semester of grad school! Craziness. My 3 page long checklist of everything that needed to be accomplished is all checked off! The time really did fly by, with some pretty significant lessons (new and revisited) in these months. Here are a sampling of them...

1) Grad school is intense. Many late nights, so much more reading and writing and research than anything in undergrad, and lots of presentations. Yet it is also so exciting and rewarding. I love applying what we're learning, and preparing to start our clinics in the spring! Just more confirmation that this is what God has created me to do :) 4 more semesters, friends. We can do it!!!

2) Rest is important. True rest. Not just zoning out to a tv show, but resting in God's word. In His presence. How refreshing that is! Also, how much I enjoy doing little arts and crafts projects. Painting, crocheting, decorating.. all have also been ways that I've enjoyed resting recently, doing something different than reading and writing and studying. It's been lovely!

3) Friends are wonderful blessings. I have been so encouraged by my roommates, fellow grad students and so many others who are dear to my heart. It is so nice knowing that they love and support me in what I am doing, and are there for me when I need a shoulder to cry on! From lovely visits, to bringing me flowers and sweet little twins to play with, to making me food, to laughing and crying with me, these friends are so sweet :)

4) Technology is a gift from God. Seriously. I can't imagine how much harder these months apart would be if we didn't have Skype! And emails. Letters are fun, but with how long it takes to mail something to/from East Asia, so incredibly thankful for the blessing of the internet! I have loved seeing my sweet Daniel's face and hearing his voice as we chat over Skype. Which leads to the next lesson...

5) Relationships can thrive, even long distance ones. God has been so faithful in giving both of us such grace and understanding for each other, patience with technical difficulties (though great, the internet does not come without some glitches), and the ability to communicate well. Since God is leading us together, I am choosing to keep trusting Him in this, knowing He has great things in store for us. We've even been able to have some fun together over Skype, creating some shared experiences, like in the intense game of battleship we have going on right now, or acting out Much Ado About Nothing. As I hope in the Lord, I am encouraged to keep pressing on in His strength, and have confidence in what the future holds.

Well, those are some of the important ones. All I am coming up with at the moment. To sum it up, God is faithful and truly awe-inspiring. And as I seek Him and trust Him, even the difficult things in life seem more manageable. What a wonderful blessing :)

4 comments:

  1. "As I hope in the Lord, I am encouraged to keep pressing on in His strength, and have confidence in what the future holds."

    Simply beautiful, Dear Friend :). Don't give up! Be encouraged by the blessings and motivated by the challenges. Thanks for the peek into this semester :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and love your great perspective and thankful heart :)

    ReplyDelete