Friday, November 1, 2013

Growth

A year ago I was eating ice cream, crying, and cuddling on the couch with my roommates after saying goodbye to Daniel at the airport. Tonight, my lips are full of praise and my heart is full of joy!

It has been a long year in some ways, and a short year in others. Time always seems to do that, doesn't it? Going into the year, although I had peace about Daniel leaving, I was still unsure, afraid, doubtful, and questioning God. It just didn't make sense to me. It wasn't in my plans for my boyfriend to leave for almost two years. But reflecting back on all that has happened in this one year, I wouldn't have had it any other way! 

We have faced many struggles and battles and valleys in this year, but they've all led to growth! Growth in our understanding of God and His character, growth in our relationships with Him, in ourselves individually, and so much growth together! I am so confident that God is using this in our lives to mold us, strengthen us and prepare us for what He has planned for the rest of our lives. If things had gone my way, we would not be enjoying these blessings God has given us because of this time apart. Blessings of deeper understanding of who we are and how we relate with each other. Blessings of learning about each other and how to love each other well. Blessings of creative dates and gifts and long Skype calls. Blessings of vulnerability and depth in conversation we had not experienced before. Blessings of laughter and tears as we encourage each other to keep seeking the Lord and trusting Him for our future. 

While I miss him daily, and I know there will be more challenging times in these remaining months, I have no doubt that God will continue to grow us. To bless us and comfort us. To strengthen us. To use us and our story to bless others as we proclaim His name and His faithfulness! 

Lord, thank you for this season. Thank you for showing us more of Yourself and Your love for us. Thank you for giving us such closeness and excitement about our relationship that would not be possible without you! May we continue to trust You for our future and hope in You alone! Thank you for this wonderful plan you have for our lives. May our eyes be fixed on You, and our hearts full of praise!

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said, my girl. God doesn't waste a thing and has certainly used this for good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 So comforted knowing when we look back, we see that His plans are good and purposeful and fruitful :) Love you and want the best for you my Dear <3

    ReplyDelete